Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Day 2


IMG_0996, originally uploaded by Sajona.

Bought a long handled fruit tree picker today - it makes picking our Bramley Apple tree so much fun! It has a gravel path underneath it so any windfalls are unusable (unless you spend ages picking all the grit out!) - so large basket full picked this afternoon.
I've gone through my recipe books and the Popina cookbook has lots of savoury muffins recipes - so made Spinach,Garlic and Nutmeg ones and then Feta and Tomato..yum! They've gone in the freezer. Had 'use it up omelette' at lunchtime which used all the boiled new potatoes lurking in the fridge from Sunday and remembered to freeze the cooked beetroot before it went off! All my peelings are in the compost bin - and cooked food scraps are collected by the council anyway - so nothing really gets binned here.

2 comments:

rae-ann said...

ha! brilliant about the apple picker. I didn't know they existed, but now I want one.
And now I'm hungry because anything with feta in gets my vote. Do you have a recipe for the savoury muffins? Would love to have a go at these.

Warmest wishes
Mrs Green @myzerowaste

Caroline said...

they are in the Popina cookbook - it is a fairly new book (early this year) - got it from amazon - a good investment - the Brownie recipe in there worth the money alone!